Monday, July 03, 2006

One of those days!

We have all had them. And this one was one of them.

You know, a day in which things just don't go quite right. It wasn't a bad day, actually, and things went more or less smoothly. But it was one that just wore me out.

The vehicle in which I had to ride was becoming an oven as the temperature edged into the mid 90's. The air conditioning could not keep up, and it was actually refreshing to get out into the heat with at least a breeze here and there.

But a small lapse of judgment in the rush to get away from the base in the morning probably cost us about an hour in the hottest part of the day. I noted the mistake at 12:30 and planned my afternoon around it. Unfortunately, I did not communicate those plans well with others and that caused me precious minutes in the busiest time of the day. And at the end, I had to wait for other guys who themselves had had long days! So much for a "simple" 9 hour day. A complicated 10 hour day seems sooo much longer!

And then, I got home to find that my wife had had a similarly long and hard day. In fact, I read half a novel while she unwound on computer games. Thus, this blog come at 10:30 pm, instead of 7:30 or so! And she was able to continue playing her games while she told me HER story. Me? I couldn't read while she spoke - that would be rude. Besides, I don't multi-task very well.

Yep. One of those days.

No comments: