Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Distance of Infinity

I have nothing profound to say this evening. So, to end a day that left me weary from the beginning, I will quote a historical figure of considerable political clout on the person of Jesus Christ:

"I know men; and I tell you that Jesus Christ is not a man. Superficial minds see a resemblance between Christ and the founders of empires, and the gods of other religions. The resemblance does not exist. There is between Christianity and whatever other religions the distance of inifinity...I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything which can approach the Gospel. Neither history, nor humanity, nor the ages, nor nature, offer me anything with which I am able to compare it or explain it. Here everything is extraordinary."

I will leave it a mystery as to who said this, but I came across this quote at another blog (see links to the right). I thought this man put it so well. Certainly there is no comparison between Christianity and ANY other religion!

Perhaps, just perhaps, today's leaders will see the wisdom of this worldview before Christ returns and makes it "painfully" clear.

No comments: