Thursday, July 13, 2006

"Lesbian Money"

In the course of my work, I came across a twenty dollar bill stamped "lesbian money." I don't remember reading about any campaign to show that this particular segment of the population packs a financial punch. But that had to be what it was. It probably back in "gay pride" week or something. I think the use of dollar coins by African Americans was probably a better indication. Nobody hardly uses the coins otherwise.

Any way, I wish that certain folk would let their private lives remain "private." Any sexual activity outside of marriage (and that primarily for reproductive purposes, by design) is sinful. With that in mind, I pinned this haiku:

"Lesbian Money"
Proves that sinners spend money,
But that's all it proves.

It's not classic haiku, since it isn't about nature. The subject is rather "dark." But the form is haiku. What do you think? Should I go back to writing prose? :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the most inane and cliched blog posts I have ever read. Live your own life.

Henry Martin said...

Wow, over five years but alas, someone actually read my blog. Yes indeed, I do and will continue to 'lead my own life.' And, as I state it the blog, I wish that these women would do the same. Cliché as it is, I don't trumpet MY sex life, so why should anyone else? Yes, I consider that lifestyle sinful (as the poem states), but its my blog, and I present as a thought to ponder.

Thank you again for stopping by.