Thursday, October 05, 2006

300 miles for Sam

Today we came 300 miles - from Albany, GA to Daytona Beach, FL, to visit my son Samuel at school. I know, "Going to school at Daytona Beach? Must be rough! "

Actually, he is studying areospace engineering at the premier school in that field - Embry-Riddle Areonautical University. We ate supper at a local Longhorn Steakhouse.

A little "side trip" delayed us for about an hour. We continued yesterday's theme of Home Sites. We went by Gainesville, FL, to do a "drive by" photo shoot of yet another place I have lived: the University of Florida. I was so young then that I don't remember any of it, so I just took a few pictures of some campus housing and moved on. An hour later we made our way out of greater Gainesville!

And soooo, Happy Birthday Samuel.

No comments: