Sunday, May 20, 2007

Solar Powered Flashlight -- for real!

Okay, I know folks have joked about a "solar powered" flashlight. I mean, after dark, how would you use one? But then, who's to say that a solar battery charger couldn't do the trick?

I had seen solar-powered walk lights advertised, but I didn't need those. It makes sense, but I didn't think how much of a difference it would make to Africa and other developing nations where ineffecient kerosene and throw-a-way batteries were eating away at there economy and their ecology. No, I don't necessarily mean "global warming," but just that there are more economical and "safer" ways of getting light into the darkness.

Anyway, I thought this would be a good way to get the message out:

Here is the URL. This is a GOOD IDEA. More on this later.

No comments: